DeKalb Park District Safety Announcements
As COVID-19 continues to be a global threat, the DeKalb Park District will follow current safety guidelines provided by the State of Illinois and the CDC, to help the public remain healthy, both physically and mentally.
This webpage will be a resource to you and help you understand if any restrictions are in place, but also a reassurance that your park district is here to support you.
Want to get up-to-date news about your Park District? Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive monthly updates about programs, events, and park amenities available to you. This newsletter would include any safety announcements or changes in restrictions.
The DeKalb Park District will align with the latest guidance issued by the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and State of Illinois. The following adjustments are effective when utilizing District facilities, parks, and programs:
- Face coverings/masks are no longer required for vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals in indoor public spaces, but all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are strongly recommended to wear face coverings/masks in public indoor settings.
- Patrons wishing to wear a face covering/mask are welcome and encouraged to do so, regardless of their vaccination status or if a mask mandate is in place at that time.
- The Park District will continue safety and cleaning measures at facilities. We ask that you continue to wash your hands, monitor yourself for symptoms, and stay home if you are feeling sick.
The CDC has provided ways to help protect yourself and others during the global pandemic:
- Get vaccinated and stay up-to-date on your vaccines.
- Wear a face-covering.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Test to avoid spread to others.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces and crowds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Monitor your health daily.
- Follow current recommendations for isolation and quarantine.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol if washing your hands with soap and water is not an option.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects in your home such as TV remotes, cell phones and computers.
- Take precautions when you travel.
The DeKalb Park District will refund or provide household credits for any COVID-19 related cancellations. If you are entitled to a refund or household credit, and have not received one yet at this time, please contact Donna Larkin at email@example.com or call (815) 758-7756. We ask that you please be patient as we work through these challenging times!