Rules, Policies, & Safety
General Park Rules
- Unless posted, parks are open from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. Overnight camping or vehicle parking is not permitted.
- Please do not litter. Help keep our parks and facilities clean and enjoyable for everyone.
- Dogs and/or domestic animals must be leashed.
- Pet owners are required to pick up and properly dispose of animal waste.
- Alcoholic beverages and the selling and/or solicitation of goods or services is prohibited.
- No person shall operate any device which is designed for the detection of metal objects on or below District property.
- Skate boarders are encouraged to use Katz Park Skate Park on Dresser Road.
- For a complete list of park rules please refer to Chapter VIII of the DeKalb Park District Ordinance Code found below.
Rules & Regulations: Chapter VIII of the DPD Ordinance Code
Park Special Use Permits
A Special Use Park Permit is required for groups or organizations wishing to utilize a Park District park that have more than 50 individuals in attendance.
Special Use Permit Application & Guidelines
Follow the six Golden Rules of trail use to help make each trip safe & fun for everyone:
1. Use Safe Speeds
2. Keep Right, Pass Left
3. Standing Still? Stand Aside
4. Mind your Pets
5. Be Alert
6. Know and Follow the Rules